I am overwhelmed and honored at the nominations I’ve received for the Liebster Award! My heartfelt thanks goes out to Jesus for allowing me to write about Him and His word! And also to my nominators:
Ryan @ Ryan Callahan’s Blog
Sharon @ Resting In His Love
I appreciate your blogs, and daily words and gestures of encouragement! And for allowing me to be part of your online community!
What is the Liebster Award?
This award is meant as an instrument to encourage and mentor new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The award initially focused on bloggers with less than 2000 followers, but as its popularity burgeoned, this number has gone down to 200.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
My Questions (a mixture of the 3 groups given):
When did you come to know Christ?
I became a Christian in 1989. My life was crazy out of control and God was pursuing me with a vengeance. One day, when I was finally alone in my house, I finally dropped to my knees beside my bed and surrendered my heart and life to Him; lock, stock, and barrel.
What’s your favourite movie?
Any Marvel movie will do!
What motivates you to blog?
I love to write. And I love to write about God and the Bible.
What’s your most embarrassing moment?
The day I walked off an elevated sidewalk and fell flat on my face in the street. Oh, and did I mentioned that I was on my honeymoon?
If you’re married, how did you meet your spouse?
I’ve been married for 20 years in March 2019. My hubby and I met at work, and we did not get along well at first. But I guess we grew on each other after a while. 🙂
Do you journal?
Yes! My journal is an important part of my life. It helps me sort through my thoughts and emotions and gives me a private place to be.
What is your favorite food?
Mexican! Real Mexican. Not Taco Bell. 🙂
Have you ever had any supernatural experiences?
Yes. I have dreams… sometimes about the future, and sometimes non-specific dreams about things going on in people’s lives. For instance, I had a dream (three times) that a friend of mine was privately in distress about something. God told me to have lunch with her and share my dream with her to let her know that God sees her and knows what she’s going through.
What’s your favorite worship song and/or verse?
I love the worship songs Give Thanks and It Is Well With My Soul. They both remind me that God takes care of me, and that I have nothing to worry about now or ever!
How important is prayer to you in relation to your writing?
Very. I have to stay in communion with God to even have anything to write.
Do you set aside a certain time of day to write? Is there a certain atmosphere that has to be set for you to write?
I write mostly during the mid-morning hours. I don’t necessarily need any particular atmosphere, just God’s inspiration and anointing. Though, it does help to be somewhere where I’m not interrupted by others (husband). 🙂
11 Random Thoughts About Me:
- I lived in Japan for almost 2 years
- I love baseball at the park – go Diamondbacks!
- I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time
- I love all animals from all places
- I’ve lived in the thick of the American Southwest for 30 years and have still never seen a real life bear (in the wild)
- I used to believe in reincarnation
- I am only 5′ 1″
- I am part Jewish on my father’s side
- I am part German on my mother’s side
- I love to read and watch movies
- I have 5 sisters and 5 brothers
Congratulations to My Nominees!
- The Godly Chic Diaries
- His Beloved
- Seeking Divine Perspective
- Patches of Light, Pieces of Grace
- Through All Seasons
- Bible Exposition
- The Revelation Road
- Lunching Ladies
- Stop and Pray TV
Questions for my Nominees:
- If you are a Christian, what brought you to Christ?
- Did you have a favorite teacher in school and if so, why were they your favorite?
- What’s your favorite past time?
- What’s your greatest accomplishment in life so far?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them.
- Do you have a favorite sport?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you read? If so, what’s your favorite genre/book?
- What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
- What is your life’s mission?