This End Times Seminar presents a fair and well balanced approach to the End Times that covers all views and uses the Bible alone as the guidebook and authority throughout each session.
Session 4 of an 8-Session End Times Seminar. This session covers the Day of the Lord and further explanation of the timing of the Rapture.
- The Session begins with a quick review of the Rapture and the fact that Christian’s are saved from God’s Wrath. I share that good and faithful Christians have different views on the timing of the Rapture – and that I only want people to believe what the Scriptures themselves convince them to believe.
- I then explain why it even matters when the Rapture occurs. I share what is at stake regarding whether the Rapture is Pre-Trib or Pre-Wrath.
- Next, I encourage searching the Scriptures to see if we can find answers to this two part question: Can we identify the Period of God’s Wrath and its Starting Point?
- We look at what multiple Old Testament prophets had to say about the coming Day of the Lord – and show that this is the period of time that God describes as His Wrath.
- Turning to the New Testament, we look at the words of Jesus, the apostle John, and the apostle Paul to see what they tell us about the Day of the Lord and its timing. We find that they are in perfect unity that the Day of the Lord does not start until sometime in the Second Half of the 70th Week. We cannot know the specific day – only that it occurs sometime in the Second Half.
- We look at the parallels between Jesus’ teaching in the Olivet Discourse and Paul’s teaching in Thessalonians – and see that they are in perfect harmony with one another.
- Since we can identify the Period of God’s Wrath and its Starting Point – the Session concludes by showing how this impacts the timing of the Rapture.