This End Times Seminar featuring Paul Dorgan, presents a fair and well balanced approach to the End Times that covers all views and uses the Bible alone as the guidebook and authority throughout each session.
Session 6 of an 8-Session End Times Seminar. This session explains that Daniel’s 70th Week has three distinct periods – the Beginning Birth Pains, the Great Tribulation, and the Day of the Lord.
- I review by showing that the 5th Seal Martyrs are Christians being killed by the Antichrist and his forces – so it can’t be the Day of the Lord at this point. The Bible teaches that God’s Wrath does not begin until Jesus’ breaks the 6th Seal sometime in the second half of the 70th Week. The Scriptures show that the Great Tribulation is the Wrath of Satan – not the Wrath of God.
- I review the parallels between Jesus’ teaching in Matt. 24 and the apostle Paul’s teaching in 1 & 2 Thessalonians. Then we take a detailed look at the parallels between the Seals in Revelation 6 and the timing given by Jesus in Matthew 24 – as we continue to let Scripture interpret Scripture.
- We look in depth at two charts from the book THE POPULAR ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLE PROPHECY Copyright © 2004 by Tim LaHaye and Ed Hindson – and I encourage the viewers to weigh the Scriptures themselves regarding the timing of the Rapture.
- Next, I explain that much of the confusion regarding the timing of the Rapture is caused by referring to the 70th Week as the “Tribulation Period.”
- We also look at the passages regarding the “Days of Noah” and see that the Scriptures show the Rapture will happen on the same day that the Day of the Lord begins. We see deliverance and judgment on the same day.
- We then look at the question, “Is the Rapture Imminent?” by examining 10 verses often cited by PreTrib believers to see if these passages actually teach that the Rapture could take place at any moment.
- The Session concludes by reminding all of us that we should never break fellowship with another believer over a different view on the timing of the Rapture. Regardless of when the Rapture occurs, we will all live together with Christ in the New Heaven and the New Earth.